Thursday, June 25, 2009

Blowguard: A New Kind of Safe Sex?


Disclaimer: The following is NOT my usual "I've tried it and it's good" review -- it's not a review at all. I have never used the Blowguard or seen it (except in Web photos). I am NOT promoting this product and have no idea if it's good, or if anyone needs it in the first place, or even if it's for real. So why am I writing about it? If I don't, who will?


Fellatio without teeth. I know, if that's one of your sex acts of choice, you've had decades of experience learning how NOT to use your teeth while giving a man the pleasures of oral sex. But pretend for a moment that you haven't learned how to control your dental attributes (or you've been watching True Blood on HBO before sex), and your guy scoots into a corner of the bed and hides under the covers when your mouth approaches his nether regions. The Blowguard, apparently, was invented to address the problem of enamel (or fangs) meeting penis. It also holds dentures in place during oral sex play, if you read the website carefully.

Now here's the scary part: The Blowguard has a mini-vibrator in it. That may appeal to the fellatio recipient, but I can't imagine it would feel good (or safe) to the giver who now has a mouthful of vibrating plastic. If you've tried this product, I hope you'll leave a comment. (No advertising, just user comments, please.)

I'd love to hear from you with your tales of teeth + penis, if this is indeed a big problem out there. I'd also like your suggestions for more weird sex devices to tell all of you about -- either odd devices that are available now, or some that ought to be invented... or not.

2 comments:

  1. AnonymousJuly 01, 2009

    Teeth getting in the way is always a big problem for me when giving a "blow job." With something in my mouth it's just natural to want to bite it, and of course I don't want to do that if it's my partner's penis. I actually don't like doing blow jobs for this reason, it makes my mouth hurt after a while, from having to keep teeth out of the way. This device might be really helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My partner often uses her lips to shield her teeth during oral sex; it's hard work and can leave her lips tired and sore. I've never lip-shielded when I've had a cock in my mouth, but I understand the tender concern. A while ago in some online catalog we found soft candy teeth (like Halloween vampire teeth but uppers and lowers and smooth on the tooth side) and she's used them a few times. I kinda like the feel -- but particularly like the freedom it gives both of us when I'm in her mouth.

    ReplyDelete

My readers and I appreciate your thoughtful comments. Please share your views! Comments are moderated, so yours won't appear until I've seen it. Thank you in advance for commenting!

Some people have reported problems commenting. If this happens to you, please email your comment (with the name under which you want it posted) to joan@joanprice.com, and I'll post it for you.

Retailers please note: I delete comments that attempt to hijack my readers to a commercial site. If you'd like to advertise, contact me at joan@joanprice.com and I'll be happy to send you information.

Authors, therapists and sex educators who have helpful information for readers are welcome to post links to their sites.

-- Joan